Guys, I hate writing this. But I feel I must. Things have come to the point where unless I start making some changes and exercising some accountability I am never going to be happy with my body. My bad habits and severe lack of self-control have been WINNING (Charlie Sheen, anyone?). I really really want to turn things around and drop 20 pounds so I can cross #17 (Wear a bikini and look hot) off my Thirty by 30 list. The thing is, I just SUCK so much at losing weight. I try really hard for a few weeks, then have one bad day, feel bummed, and continue the badness for a whole week. Hence the horribly unoriginal and boring blog post about “my new diet plan!” Honestly though, I’m writing this for the accountability. I just want to put my goal out there on the internet for all to see AND make myself post updates as my goals are accomplished. And they will be!!!!!!! (Woo, positive thinking.)
So here’s the deal. After my junior year of college I did lose my freshman 15 (I’ve since gained it all back and more) and what worked for me then was calorie counting. Ugh, I know. But it’s the simplest and most logical method to me with the least restrictions on WHAT I can actually eat. So that’s what I’m gonna do.
1. Count calories and eat 1000 calories or less at least 5 days per week.
2. Exercise every day. (gym, hiking, biking, yoga, something!!!!)
3. 2 days a week can be a little bit more flexible. If I want to have a treat, some drinks, or go out to eat I can. This will help me stay sane and have things to look forward to. BUT these days are also a tool to help myself learn moderation. Just because I’m not counting does not mean I can fully unleash the munchie monster. If I stuff myself silly 2 days a week it will totally undo the benefits of the other 5 low-cal days, so I am going to really concentrate on being REASONABLE!
4. I’m not going to weigh myself obsessively. I’m going to wait to weigh myself until I notice some changes. I think this will help me focus on sticking with the plan just to be healthy, not to achieve specific numbers. (Although theoretically if I do this right those numbers will come!)
5. All bets are off for my birthday week. My best friend and her hubby will be visiting and there will probably be lots of treats. But it’s my birthday and I will not care!!!! But that is the ONLY week I am allowed to go off-plan until I meet my goal.
6. If I get to where I want to be before we move away from Flagstaff, I’m rewarding myself with a brand new outfit from this AWESOME but slightly expensive store in town, The Rainbow’s End. (I haven’t bought any clothes not from Kohls or the thrift store in years.)
That’s it. Seriously, I KNOW I can do this because I’ve done it before. If I can just make myself buckle down it should only take around 3 months to get back to where I want to be. That means I could get my bikini out by the end of this summer! I would LOVE that! I just really need encouragement. So please, if you read this, send me some happy thoughts AND make sure to ask me how things are going once in awhile. Hopefully I’ll have some positive changes to report soon!!! Thanks for bearing with such a superficial post!